Tuesday, April 27, 2010

end of week 3 and the beginning of week 4

I haven't blogged for a few days due to being very tired when I get home and also due not making the time when my sisters were here. Last Friday and Saturday were both very good days. On Friday I went on a beautiful hike call "Fern Gully", the only thing that was not great was that there was sooooo much sand. The sand is like walking in the sand dunes for miles. You sink up to your ankles with every step. The scenery however was beautiful. I'm getting really close with a couple of people that I hike with everyday and also the guides. They are so much fun and we help push each other. The exercises class were also fun on Friday: Pool was a lot of dancing in the pool, circuit was the same and total body conditioning is getting much easier for me. Lori and Mom picked me up from Fitness Ridge today and they got to meet Brittney from Biggest Loser season 5. She is going home on Sunday and we have become quite close. It is hard for me to see her go. Played cards with the family on Friday and had some good laughs. It is so good to be with my family.


Saturday was only a 1/2 day which started with a hike to "Galoot". This is the third time that I have done this hike, but this day was a little bit different. The first time I did this hike was my first week and I had a fellow FR guest by the name of Len with me both times. The first time he didn't make it very far, but on Saturday he told me he wanted to do the whole thing. I stayed with him for most of the hike to give him encouragement and he made it through the entire thing. I was so proud of him and also of me because it was an easy hike for me today compared to the 1st time I did it. It feels so great that I am getting stronger. After the hike I had a stretch class and the day was done. Went shopping with Mom and all the sisters Saturday afternoon. We ended up in a store that carried my size clothing and my wonderful sisters purchased two new shirts for me and a necklace. It was really fun to try on clothing that was smaller than I normally wear and have it fit. I have such a great and supportive family and I tell them "thank you" enough.


Sunday: A day of rest. Went to FR for breakfast and took Lori and Julie with me. They got to meet some of the people that I have been spending everyday with and they said it was really inspiring to meet and listen to them talk. We took some pictures at the Biggest Loser sign and then went home. Janet flew out early this morning. Lori and Julie also left to go back home. The rest of the day was very relaxing. Just read and took a nap. Getting ready for my last week.
Monday and Tuesday of week 4: I can't believe that I'm already in week 4. It has gone so fast, but I'm feeling so much better about myself. Monday was a hike that I had been on 2 times before, but never made the entire loop due to time. I guess 3rd time is the charm because I made the entire 7 miles. So excited and felt really good to hit a goal. The rest of the day was more of the same exercise classes that we have daily. Monday's always seem to be the hardest classes and consequently I'm really tired and rundown on Tuesday's. Today was another good hike with fabulous views. The classes seem to be getting easier or I'm getting stronger. Here are a few pictures I took within the last 4 days. Night all.

3 comments:

  1. Robbie I'm so happy for you. You sound very happy and have worked so hard to reach your goals. I can hardly wait to give you a big hug! I'm sure you will be sad to leave Fitness Ridge, but it will be great to have you back in MN and be able to see you again!!
    Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie, it was so much fun hangin out with you. Playing cards was a lot of fun. We are going to have to invest in a card shuffler. (haha) I can't believe this is your last week. Stay strong. You ROCK!! Love ya lots, Janet Everyone here says hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fran for your continued support. This has got the be the best thing that I have ever done for myself. I believe it will change my life.

    Janet-It was so good to see you and spent time with my sisters. Thank you for all your support and tell everyone I say "HI". Love you

    ReplyDelete