Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 3: Monday and Tuesday

Monday started out like every other Monday. We have quite a few new people this week and we were assigned a hike. I went on barrel roll (not my favorite), but it was approximately 5 miles of winding around a brush covered hill. It was a very hot hike today, but I took the advice of one of the trainers and she said to where my headset and I wouldn't hear myself breathing which should make it easier to hike. She was so right. I did very well today. One of my fellow hikers got sick in the middle of the hike and I felt so bad for her because we had approximately 2 miles to walk back to the van. We all think that she came down with the flu. After the hike I did a mountain class on the recumbent bike (thought my legs were going to fall off). Lunch today was chili and a corn muffin. My afternoon classes were pool, step and pump, and circuit training. Overall a really good day.

Tuesday: I was assigned a hike today that is called Reversed White Rock. It was a hike that went down over some lava rock and then turned into a lot of sand. It was a beautiful hike and I loved it. We did run into a rattle snake today however, the hike guide almost stepped on it. We just stood there and took pictures while it made its way across the path and then we continued on. I did pool after the hike which always feel great after a long hike. After lunch I had pool, circuit intervals, and then total body toning. Everyone in my group seemed to be really tired today so the last 15 minutes of toning class the trainer turned into stretch class. It was wonderful. The days here seem to be flying by and I feel that things are getting easier each week. Thanks again to everyone for their support. Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Way to keep at it Robbie! Does this mean only one more Monday left?! I'm impressed you were able to get a clear picture of the rattle snake; if I took one it would be blurry from the shaking of terror. You have showed us some beautiful scenery for your hikes... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast the time has gone since you got there. I have loved the blog telling us about your progress and the beautiful pictures. You are truly on an amazing journey. God has lots in store for you. Keep on keepin on. Love, Joyce

    ReplyDelete