Thursday, April 15, 2010

Week 2: Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday started out with a 6am class called yogalaties. This was my first experience with yoga, I liked some of the things we did, but not all. Breakfast followed and I chose to have granola with almond milk and fruit.
My hike today was called "3rd ravine". It was hiking up a ravine and making it into a really cool cave. This hike was the most challenging one that I have taken and it kicked my butt, but I was also very proud of myself for making it. Everyone here is so positive and encouraging. If someone is having a difficult time on a hike or exercise class they will here nothing but encouraging words from those around them.
Lunch today was pumpkin soup and greek pizza. After lunch I had approximately one and a half hours to relax. Last week during this time I attending lectures or cooking demos. This week is a repeat of those so it is really nice to have some free time to relax by the pool or hang out with new friends just talking.
My 3 afternoon classes were pool, kick boxing, and mountain (using a piece of cardio equipment and increasing the intensity level 12 different times in 45 minutes). All three classes were intense, but I feel really great when I'm done.
Dinner was a very yummy salmon fillet with orzo and veggies.
Very tired all day, but I know that it will all be worth it.

Thursday was another early day. I didn't do the class, but instead did open gym. I was on a bike for 45 minutes before breakfast.
Breakfast today was an egg sandwich with turkey bacon and a little bit of cheese sprinkled on top. Hike followed breakfast and I took one that was call "overlook". It is a hike that you can just put your Ipod on and go at your own speed. It was just what I needed after yesterdays hike. Stretch class followed the hike and our trainer for this great. I'm sure that all the stretching we do has saved us all from being extremely sore.
Lunch was french onion soup, salad, and a greek pita. After lunch it was relaxing time, which was very nice.
My afternoon classes were treading (cardio), pool, and followed by a class called "ballworks", Nicole was the trainer and she doesn't even give you a 15 second breather. It was a tough class, but I made it through.
Dinner was chicken breast with wild rice and peach cobbler for dessert.
Today was the first day that I'm starting to notice that my clothes are starting to feel looser..YEAH!!!
As always very tired so, I'm going to bed now.
I truly believe that this place is changing my life.

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog and your pictures Robbie. I noticed you all wear matching backpacks. What do you carry in them? The food looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loose clothes! Wahoo!! All of your work and dedication is paying off. Your pictures are beautiful, I especially like the flowering cactus. With all the rocks around, my eyes would constantly be on the lookout for snakes! You are doing so great... I'm very impressed with your energy and self-motivation. Will you be my drill instructor when you get home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robbie,
    This place looks soooo awesome! I'm so glad that you took this opportunity to focus on you. You are so lucky to have the drive and support to do this. Congrats on your progress, keep the focus and come home even more fabulous than you already are! <3 Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. This place has been really great for me and I'm really finding out just how strong the human body is.

    ReplyDelete