Saturday, May 1, 2010

Final Days at Fitness Ridge


I haven't written in the blog for the last couple of days due to staying after dinner for a lecture series from Emily the nutritionist. I had these classes the 1st week I arrived, but I wanted a refresher. This week has been amazing. We have had quite a few people from previous "Biggest Loser" seasons here because St. George is having the Ironman on May 1st and there is a fitness festival that they are involved with. I have enjoyed all my classes this week although the pool was a little cold the last couple of days due to the weather being pretty cold. On Friday I met with Jon one of the trainers here and he helped me put together a free weight training plan that I can do at home. All the trainers here have been amazing and so inspirational. The experience I have had at Biggest Loser Fitness Ridge will be life changing for me. I have made some lifelong friends and I'm looking forward to continuing this journey along with them.
My last day was Saturday May 1st and due to the Ironman being held we are not able to hike because the Snow canyon roads are closed. There was a fitness festival being held at the Ivins park that included a 5 and 10K so, everyone that wanted to could registered to do the 10K. I did the 10K with Ivyy, Maria, and Jennifer(some great friends I have made here). I couldn't believe that I was actually going to do it. We started a 6:30 in the morning and finished approximately 8:45am. We walked the whole thing and it was such an incredible feeling to walk over the finish line. I met up with my parents at the finish line and when I gave them a hug I completely fell apart. I think it is because of the rush you get when you complete something that you thought was impossible for you to do.
The support I have had during this past month has been incredible. I couldn't have done this without everyone's love and support. So I would like to say "THANK YOU" to everyone. I love you all and I will continue this journey at home.

The pictures that follow are of: Ivyy, Maria and me after the 10K, Mom and Dad with Filepe from Biggest Loser, and Me with Filepe and Sione.

My results for the month: lost 22 pounds and 21 inches.
Thanks Fitness Ridge..

7 comments:

  1. Robbie,
    Reading your blog today brought tears to my eyes. I am so incredibly proud of you and so happy that Fitness Ridge was such a fabulous experience for you. 22 pounds & 21 inches-WOW!!! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! I know you will be able to continue this journey you are on at home & I am here to support you every step of the way! I love you & so admire you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie,
    Well I just read your blog. Your my hero. So very proud of you. You look so happy as you should be. 22 pounds and 21 inches. Sweat was worth every inch. Snakes, cold, wind, rain, hitting walls. You did it.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I support you all the way. Continue the journey .
    By the way I just had tears running down my face reading your blog. You have many finish lines to cross. Love you. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to finally meet you! Sorry that I didn't get a chance to say godbye. Good luck with continued success at home. You are an inspiration!

    Roxanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible journey you are on. 22 lbs & 21 in----Wow, What an accomplishment. You are an amazing woman who has just started to live the rest of her life. I'm routing for you all the way. Keep up your blog, I look forward to reading about your future success. God bless, Love, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Robbie for such an incredible accomplishment! I'm so happy for you and know you will continue to achieve any goal you set. Can't wait to see you!
    Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Robbie,
    It's been an incredible month - listening to you about your day every evening when you came home. I looked forward to it every day. For someone who hated hiking, you are now a HIKER ! I'm so excited for you and what you accomplished. I know you can continue on making this your year and completing the goals you have set for yourself. You looked so pretty when we dropped you off at the airport today. Your Dad and I hated to say good bye. Stay on the trail. I love you so very much

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up Robbie??? What's been happening the last few weeks. Keep checking you're blog and no new updates. Hope everything is going good at home and you're hanging in there. Give us an update I'm sure everyone else along with myself would like to hear how things have been going for you. Hope you're kicking butt : )
    Love Ya---Shelly

    ReplyDelete