Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 3: Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday: woke up to a cold and rainy day. We have all been assigned to hikes everyday now instead of being able to chose the one you want to take. The advantage of this is that I'm now forced to get out of my comfort zone and possible do hikes that I think are out of my physical ability and find out that I am strong enough to do them. Our hike today was called camelback, but because of the rain they think there is too much water in an area of it and impossible for my group to handle. Instead we went on overlook, which is a paved trail going down and an incline all the way back. It was okay other than it being really cold and wet. I had a stretch class after the hike and I always love that class. Lunch was BBQ pizza and beet soup..I don't care for the beet soup, but the pizza was good. Afternoon classes were mountain, pool, and kickboxing. I felt like all of them were easier for me, either the trainer was being easier on us or I'm getting stronger and have more endurance. Overall it was a good day. Mom and Dad picked me up after dinner and they had a surprise with them, my sister Janet flew in today to surprise me. It is so great to see her. I haven't seen her for at least 2 years. Thanks Janet for taking the time out of your life to come and support me. I love you very much.


Thursday: Another cold and rainy day. My hike is called West Canyon and is a gravel trail through some beautiful country. I am really tired today because I didn't go to bed at a decent hour last night. I talked to Bob, Jessica and Alex before the hike and for some reason just couldn't get them out of my mind during the hike and my knees were really hurting today. I called Bob while doing the hike because I was by myself and broke down a little with him. I have been really strong this whole time but, for some reason hit a wall today. Thanks Bob for being there for me this morning. I had a swim class after the hike that put me back in a good mood. Also met with a life coach today that was very helpful because I don't want to get back home and not continue this journey. Lunch today was a turkey sandwich and mushroom soup (both very good). My afternoon classes are ballworks, treading, and pool. Ballworks and treading are probably two of the most intense classes here. I can't believe that week 3 is almost done. Dinner was a stuffed pepper that was okay not great. I had a wonderful surprise when I went to the parking lot to go home tonight.....All of my sisters came into town to support me. WOW!! It was a teary reunion in the BL Fitness Ridge parking lot. I then took my whole family on a tour of the place. It was really great to get in the car and have my parents and siblings there. Thanks everyone for taking the time out of your lives to come and support me. Love you all very much.

2 comments:

  1. Robbie,
    Loved being there with you this weekend. You are doing awsome, keep it up. Miss you already! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie,
    your an inspiration to many people. Your doing great. I'm on your side. It was a good weekend.
    Love you , Lori

    ReplyDelete