Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 2: Friday and Saturday

Friday started with open gym time or kickboxing. I chose to do open gym because kickboxing at 6am is just too early. The hike followed and I did one that I previously did last week called West Canyon. Beautiful scenery and a walk that is approximately 7 miles round trip. I did much better this time because I went much farther and at a quicker pace. My breathing is what I have a hard time with. It seems to be getting easier each week and that excites me.
Cardio intervals followed the hike and then lunch. After lunch was a class on prep for next week. There are about 20 of us that will continue on with this journey next week. It amazing how close you become with the people that are here. Everyone is always encouraging each other.
Circuit training came next followed by cardio disco jam (fun class, but also a good workout), and the last class was pool (Fridays in the pool are pretty easy) where we played games.
Food for the day: Parfait for breakfast (I opted for toast and almonds), lunch was ceasar salad and parsnip soup, dinner was a turkey burger and for dessert cranberry sorbet. My pictures today were just of of the hike and the two girls are Zoya and Ivy (great friends..will miss you Zoya).

Saturday is always just a half day. You have the choice of hiking or doing a last chance workout in the gym with a trainer. I did the gym. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the bike doing mountain and then treading (both great workouts). Then we did circuit training followed by an aerobics workout. I had approximately a 1/2 hour to change before I ended my workout in the pool. In the pool she had us doing a lot of upper body and core work.
We then had lunch and after that the rest of the day was free time. Dad picked me up and I just relaxed for the rest of the day. Went to a couple of stores with mom and then back to Fitness Ridge for dinner and graduation.
At graduation you get to see a DVD of everyone doing their activities for the week and people can pass the microphone around to share what their week was like. It is very emotional for some and also very inspirational. We all then receive a reward for attending every class depending on what week you are finishing.
You receive a t-shirt for your first week, hat for the second, gym bag for the third, and a Brooks jacket for the fourth week. It is amazing what people will do for a t-shirt..LOL!
After graduation about 25 of us went bowling. It was a lot of fun and a chance to do something together besides workout.
Then end of another great week. The only thing that I hate about the end of the week is saying goodbye to those people that are leaving and you have become very close to. Sunday is a rest day...YEAH!

4 comments:

  1. I love being here with you! You rock and your also a very good bowler even if you like to split your pins! lol ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a positive environment. I'm considering joining the YMCA just to be able to participate in water aerobics! You really have a very full week of work. And was that Banana Cream Pie on the menu?! I would clean my plate for that anyday. Best wishes for you next week... I'm sure you will continue to feel stronger! Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear you are doing so well! Glad to hear that your breathing is better. I'm still hanging on to that cough, so I don't know if it was asthma or something else. Thanks for posting all the pix. I LOVE seeing my friends!!!! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie,
    Every time I read your blog, I continue to be more in awe of the commitment you have made to yourself! I'm so excited for you. Jen and I were talking about it yesterday when she was in my store, and she's the same way. We are both just in awe of you!!!! I know it sounds goofy, but it's true! We miss you so much, but we are so happy that you are there and doing this for yourself! Keep pushing, cuz, we're pushing for you! Deb & Jen

    ReplyDelete